Our mission is to help you discover and do what you like about Japan. To do that, we show you personalized content and ads we think you’ll be interested in based on information we collect from you and third parties. We only use that information where we have a proper legal basis for doing so. We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. We welcome your question and comments on this policy.
We collect information in a few different ways
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use Fujiyamall, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, address, email address, phone number, profile photo, posts, comments, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share with us location data or photos. If you buy something on Fujiyamall, we collect payment information, contact information (address and phone number) and details of what you bought. If you buy something for someone else on Fujiyamall we collect their delivery details and contact information.If you link your Facebook or Twitter account or accounts from other third party services to Fujiyamall, we also get information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use Fujiyamall
Whenever you use any website or other internet service, certain information gets created and logged automatically. The same is true when you use Fujiyamall. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
• Log data.
When you use Fujiyamall, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your IP address, the address of and activity on websites you visit that incorporate Fujiyamall features, searches, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Fujiyamall, cookie data and device data.
• Cookie data.
• Device information.
In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using Fujiyamall on, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
3. Our partners and advertisers share information with us
We also get information about you and your activity outside Fujiyamall from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with, or other publicly
Some websites or apps use Fujiyamall features such as our “Save” button, or you may install our “Save” button for your browser. If so, we collect log data from those sites or apps.
Online advertisers or third parties share information with us to measure or improve the performance of ads on Fujiyamall, or to figure out what kinds of ads to show you. This includes information about your visits to an advertiser's site or purchases you made from them, or information about your interests from a third party service, which we might use to help show you ads.
4. What we do with the info we collect:
We use the information we collect to provide the Service to you. We commit to showing you content that’s relevant, interesting and personal to you. In order to do that, it’s necessary for us to use your information to:
• Identify you when you use Fujiyamall, and process your transactions.
Recommend Posts, comments, topics or categories you might like based on your activity on Fujiyamall.
• Respond to your questions or comments.
In addition and for similar reasons, we have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways. It is also fundamental to the nature of the Service we provide. In short, it’s necessary for us to do these things in order to make the Service relevant, interesting and personal to you like we promised, and it’s in both of our interests for us to do that.We also have a legitimate interest to improve Fujiyamall, maintain our relationship with you, and protect users. We both benefit when we use your information to:
• Suggest other people who have similar interests.
• Help your friends and contacts find you on Fujiyamall, if you agree to this in your settings.
• Conduct analytics on who is using Fujiyamall and what they are doing. FImprove Fujiyamall and offer new features.
• Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like saves or comments, happens on Fujiyamall) and news by email or push notification, depending on your settings.
• Work with law enforcement and keep Fujiyamall safe. We may get requests for account information from law enforcement authorities like the police or courts.
• We have a legitimate interest in delivering ads that are relevant, interesting and personal to you in order to generate revenue To further these interests we use the information we collect to:
• Decide which ads to show you.
• Tell our ad partners how their Fujiyamall ads are doing, and how to make them better.
• Tell our ad partners the types of products you might be interested in.
• Send you marketing materials by email, text or push notification, depending on your account or operating system settings. Each time we send you marketing materials, we give you the option to unsubscribe.
• Identify your location and customize the content we show you.
• Allow searching with photos.
• Tell our ad partners how their ads are doing using the Fujiyamall tag. The Fujiyamall tag (a piece of code) delivers insights to us and our ad partners about actions that a person takes on their website after viewing an ad on Fujiyamall.
• Identify you across different browser sessions. This means if you log into Fujiyamall from your phone (or any device), we'll remember that you're you and you won't need to enter your login details each time you visit Fujiyamall.
5. Transferring your information:
Fujiyamall is a worldwide service. By using Fujiyamall, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in Japan, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.We take additional measures when information is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
6. Choices you have about your info:
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a Fujiyamall account, many of the choices you have on Fujiyamall are built directly into Fujiyamall or your settings. For example, you can:
• Edit information in your profile at any time, decide whether your profile is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your Fujiyamall account using your email address.
• Link or unlink your Fujiyamall account from other services. For some services, you can also decide whether or not to publish your Fujiyamall activity to that service.
• Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your Posts and boards from Fujiyamall.
7. How and when we share information:
Anyone can see the Posts you create and the profile information you give us. We also make this public information available through what are called APIs (basically a technical way to share information quickly). Some of the ways we use your information require us to share information with third parties, so we can provide your Fujiyamall experience, make sure our customization is effective and comply with laws that apply to us. We share your information with:
• Other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you decide to link your Fujiyamall account to those services or publish your activity on Fujiyamall to them.
• Merchants you purchase from on Fujiyamall. When you buy something on Fujiyamall using your payment card, we share information necessary for you to make your purchase, such as your payment card information, contact information, and other information about the transaction with the merchant you’re buying from.
We share this information because it’s necessary to make the purchase. The merchants treat this information in the same way as if you had made a purchase from their website directly, which means that their privacy policies and marketing policies apply to the information we share with them.
• Online advertisers and third party companies that we or they use to audit or improve the delivery and performance of ads or content on websites and apps. This includes what Posts or ads you were shown on Fujiyamall and whether or how you engaged with those Posts or ads, or other information about your activity on Fujiyamall. Learn more about how we share information with online advertisers.
• Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Fujiyamall; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• Our wholly owned subsidiaries and affiliates. If we were to engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy, we would share your information with a party involved in such a process.
How long we keep your information:
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide Fujiyamall to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
Our policy on children’s information:
Children under 13 are not allowed to use Fujiyamall. If you are based in the EEA you may only use Fujiyamall if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of Fujiyamall has been provided to us.
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. If you're an EEA user, you can:
• Access the information we hold about you. We'll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
• Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us.
• Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing e-mails or push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates about your account, such as when another user comments on one of your Posts. We only send you marketing material if you've agreed to it, but if you'd rather we don't, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
• Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it's technically feasible.
• Complain to a regulator. If you're based in the EEA and think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.
Effective May 9th, 2018